Sec 3 Biology Full-Year Course
- Set the Biology Fundamentals strong. Covers whole MOE Sec-3 Biology Syllabus. Sync with School Curriculum.
- Develop a deep understanding of key biological concepts through engaging lessons and interactive activities. Master in Biology.
In this comprehensive Sec3 Biology Full-Year Course, students will explore the wonders of life and delve into essential topics. From understanding the intricate mechanisms of the circulatory system and the importance of blood to examining the structure and organization of cells, students will gain a solid foundation in biological sciences. They will also delve into topics such as nutrition in plants, excretion, biological molecules, and human respiration. Through interactive live classes, real-life examples, and practical applications, students will develop a mastery of biological concepts.
Who is this Course for?
- This course is designed for Secondary 3 students who are eager to deepen their knowledge of biology.
- It is suitable for students who have completed the foundational biology curriculum and wish to explore more complex topics.
- Whether students are preparing for exams or have a genuine interest in life sciences, this course will provide valuable insights and enhance their understanding of the subject.
What you will Learn?
- Understand the intricate parts and functions of the circulatory system in humans.
- Explore the process of nutrition in plants, including photosynthesis and transpiration.
- Investigate the structure and organization of cells in both plants and animals.
- Gain insights into the excretory system, studying ultrafiltration, selective reabsorption, and factors affecting urine composition.
- Explore the fascinating world of biological molecules, including carbohydrates, fats, proteins, and enzymes.
- Learn about human gas exchange and cellular respiration, vital processes for energy production and respiration.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the human circulatory system and its significance.
- Gain insights into the vital role of nutrition and transport in plant survival.
- Understand the complexities of cell structure and organization.
- Investigate the processes and functions of excretion in living organisms.
- Explore the significance of biological molecules in sustaining life.
- Understand body stability and control mechanisms for internal conditions.
Why Learn from doerdo Tuition Course?
Experienced Teachers: Our expert ex-MOE teachers provide top-notch guidance and support.
Real-time Performance Tracking: Parents can monitor students’ progress through detailed insights.
After-Class Support: Students receive help and clarification from teachers beyond class hours.
Al-Based Assessments: Benefit from Al-generated tests and homework for personalized learning.
Engaging Content: Interactive learning resources make studying science enjoyable and effective.
|Movement of Substances – Understand the mechanisms of diffusion, osmosis, and active transport. Explore how living organisms regulate material exchange for survival through passive (diffusion, osmosis) and active processes (active transport).
|Transport In Humans – This topic covers the parts and functions of the circulatory system, blood, and coronary heart disease in the context of humans. Understand the intricate network of blood vessels, the role of the heart in pumping blood, and how diseases like coronary heart disease can impact cardiovascular health.
|Nutrition And Transport In Plants – Students learn about plant structure, including roots, stems, and leaves, and how they facilitate nutrient uptake. Explore the process of photosynthesis and understand how plants convert sunlight into chemical energy. Investigate transpiration, the movement of water through plants, and learn about translocation, the transport of sugars and other nutrients within plants.
|Cell Structure And Organisation – This topic focuses on the structure and organization of plant and animal cells. Study the components of cells, such as the cell membrane, nucleus, and organelles like mitochondria and chloroplasts. Understand how cells specialize and adapt to perform specific functions in tissues and organs.
|Excretion – Students study various aspects of excretion, including ultrafiltration, selective reabsorption, and factors affecting urine composition. Explore the importance of the kidneys in maintaining water and electrolyte balance. Learn about the process of dialysis and its role in treating kidney failure.
|Biological Molecules – This topic explores the diversity of biological molecules found in living organisms. Understand the structure and function of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, and enzymes. Explore their roles in energy storage, cellular processes, and catalyzing biochemical reactions.
|Human Respiration – Students learn about human gas exchange and cellular respiration. Investigate the structures involved in respiration, such as the lungs and alveoli. Understand how oxygen is taken in and carbon dioxide is eliminated during the process of respiration. Gain insights into the role of cellular respiration in energy production for various cellular activities.
|Nutrition in Humans – This topic emphasizes on physical and chemical digestion processes. Students learn about absorption mechanisms and the assimilation of nutrients. They study how food moves through the alimentary canal, emphasizing peristalsis and the role of accessory organs.
|Homeostasis – Learn how the body maintains stability amid external changes. Explore hormonal and nervous control mechanisms that are vital for regulating internal conditions.