Sec 2 Science Full-Year Course
- Set the Science Fundamentals strong. Covers the whole MOE Sec-2 Science Syllabus. Sync with School Curriculum.
- Explore the fascinating world of Secondary 2 Science with our full-year course.
- Delve into topics like Chemical Changes, Energy, Ecosystems, Electrical Systems, Transport, Forces, and more, with our enriching classes.
- In this comprehensive Science course for Secondary 2 students, we cover the core topics of the syllabus, which includes Chemical Changes, Energy and Work Done, Transfer of Heat Energy, Interactions within Ecosystems, Electrical Systems, Transport Systems in Living Things, Interactions through Forces, Human Reproductive System, and Acids and Alkalis.
- Engaging lessons and practical applications will ignite curiosity, encouraging critical thinking and scientific inquiry.
- Ample similar practice questions to gain confidence and clarity. Experienced teachers to guide you.
Who is this Course for?
This course is specifically designed for students in the Secondary 2 grade level, ensuring alignment with their academic curriculum.
What you will Learn?
- Investigate chemical changes, including heat, oxygen, light, and electricity.
- Apply energy concepts and calculate work done using the appropriate formula.
- Explore heat transfer, temperature measurement, and everyday expansion and contraction phenomena.
- Examine ecosystems, considering factors affecting organisms and the abiotic environment.
- Explore electrical systems, circuits, and fundamental components for a comprehensive understanding.
- Understand transport systems in living things, diffusion, and osmosis.
- Gain insights into work as a physical quantity, its measurement, and applications in physics and the application of forces.
- Study the human reproductive system, covering types of reproduction, male and female systems, and their purposes.
- Explore the properties of acids and alkalis, including examples in daily life, pH levels, and chemical properties.
- Demonstrate understanding of chemical changes and their specific manifestations.
- Apply the formula for determining work done in energy-related scenarios.
- Explain the transfer of heat energy, including its effects and measurement.
- Analyze and discuss interactions within ecosystems and their environmental factors.
- Comprehend electrical systems, their components, and fundamental workings.
- Evaluate and compare transport systems in unicellular and multicellular organisms.
- Demonstrate knowledge of forces, including types, measurement, and effects.
- Apply the concept of work as a physical quantity in various physics scenarios.
- Identify and understand the properties of acids and alkalis, including pH levels.
Why Learn from doerdo Tuition Course?
- Experienced Teachers: Our expert ex-MOE teachers provide top-notch guidance and support.
- Real-time Performance Tracking: Parents can monitor students’ progress through detailed insights.
- After-Class Support: Students receive help and clarification from teachers beyond class hours.
- AI-Based Assessments: Benefit from AI-generated tests and homework for personalized learning.
- Engaging Content: Interactive learning resources make studying science enjoyable and effective.
|Chemical Changes: Chemical changes involve the transformation of substances into new forms. This section explores physical and chemical changes, emphasizing their occurrences involving heat, oxygen, light, electricity, and the mixing of substances.
|Energy And Work Done: Covering fundamental principles, this segment delves into the concept of energy and introduces the formula for determining work done. Students will grasp the essential relationship between energy and work.
|Transfer Of Heat Energy And Its Effects: Defining heat and temperature, this module discusses the measurement of temperature, various thermometers, and the mechanisms of heat transfer. It also explores the practical implications of expansion and contraction in daily life.
|Interactions Within Ecosystems: Analyzing ecosystems, this unit examines factors influencing organism environments, emphasizing the abiotic environment. Students explore the components and determinants shaping these ecosystems.
|Electrical Systems: Focusing on electrical systems, this part identifies examples, operational principles, and fundamental components of circuits. Students gain insights into the functionality and application of electrical circuits.
|Transport System In Living Things: Detailing biological transport systems, this section classifies unicellular and multicellular organisms, elucidating diffusion and osmosis processes. Factors affecting diffusion and osmosis rates are explored in living organisms.
|Interactions Through The Application Of Forces: Investigating forces, this module differentiates between force and energy, categorizes contact and non-contact forces, and details force measurement. Effects of forces on objects are comprehensively covered.
|Work: This unit defines work as a physical quantity, outlining the formula, measurement, and applications in physics. The interplay between work and energy, along with different types of work, is explored.
|Human Reproductive System: Focusing on reproduction, this segment classifies types and details the male and female reproductive systems. The purpose and mechanisms of human reproduction are explained.
|Acids And Alkalis: Addressing acids and alkalis, this module identifies examples in daily life, explores their physical properties, and introduces pH levels. The chemical properties of acids and the use of universal indicators are discussed.
Num of Sessions
4 - 5 per month