Exploring the Wonders of Science: Primary 6 Science Full-Year Course
- Discover the fascinating world of biological systems and forces as we prepare for the PSLE Science exam.
- Unlock the secrets of the natural world, from cellular biology to energy dynamics.
- Get ready to ace your PSLE with our comprehensive, interactive, and engaging approach.
Embark on a captivating learning journey as we delve into the intricacies of biological systems, interactions, adaptations, forces, energy, electricity, and matter. This course, tailored to the PSLE Science curriculum, will provide a thorough understanding of each concept with engaging teaching methods, personalized content, and real-time feedback, setting a solid foundation for the exam and beyond.
Who is this Course for?
This course is designed for Primary 6 students preparing for the PSLE Science exam. It’s perfect for students who want to solidify their understanding of biological systems, energy dynamics, and matter, to ace their Science exams. It provides an enriching learning experience aligned with the Primary 6 Science syllabus, empowering students to excel in their scientific knowledge and critical thinking skills.
What you will Learn?
Throughout this course, students will:
- Discover the essential role of photosynthesis and how plants convert light energy into chemical energy for growth and survival.
- Explore the fascinating process of energy conversion and its applications in everyday life, from electrical energy to kinetic energy transformations.
- Investigate the captivating world of forces, including friction, gravity, elastic springs, and magnets, and their effects on objects’ motion and shape.
- Gain insights into the delicate interactions within the environment, understanding how organisms adapt to their surroundings and the intricate energy flow in food chains and webs.
- Differentiate between organisms, populations, and communities, unravelling the interconnectedness of living beings in various habitats.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of biological systems and how organisms interact and adapt to their environment.
- Discover the forces around us, understand energy transformations and the basics of electricity.
- Learn about different types of matter, their properties, and how they interact.
- Explore the life cycle of organisms and the fundamentals of cellular biology.
- Develop effective study strategies for PSLE Science, including tackling higher-order thinking questions and exam techniques.
- Learn answering techniques to both open-ended questions and MCQs.
Why Learn from doerdo Tuition Course?
- Experienced Teachers: Our educators are ex-MOE teachers with extensive experience teaching PSLE Science.
- Personalized Learning: Our AI technology customizes content to your learning pace and style, ensuring you understand each concept thoroughly.
- Insights for Parents: Parents can monitor their child’s performance with our detailed report cards and performance analytics.
- After-Class Support: We offer after-class support to address any doubts and reinforce learning.
- AI-Based Homework: Our AI-powered homework assignments strengthen the understanding of each topic, ensuring a comprehensive review of the syllabus
|Plant reproduction and Photosynthesis
|Explore the process of photosynthesis, understanding how plants convert light energy into chemical energy essential for their growth and survival. Students learn about energy transformations and the significance of photosynthesis and types and methods of reproduction in sustaining life.
|Delve into energy conversion as different forms of energy are transformed from one to another. Students understand the concepts of electrical energy, potential energy, and kinetic energy, examining practical examples that illustrate these conversions.
|Interaction of forces
|Investigate the various types of forces, including frictional force, gravitational force, elastic spring force, and magnetic force. Students explore how these forces influence the motion and shape of objects.
|Interactions within the environment
|Explore the complex interactions between organisms and their environment. Students examine the factors that affect the survival of organisms, such as temperature, light, water availability, and the presence of other organisms. They delve into the concept of energy flow in food chains and webs, identifying the roles of producers, consumers, and decomposers, and gain insights into how organisms adapt and survive in different environmental conditions.
|Differentiate among organisms, populations, and community
|Develop a clear understanding of the hierarchy of living systems. Students differentiate between individual organisms, populations, and communities, comprehending their roles and interrelationships. They analyze specific habitats like gardens, ponds, and forests, identifying the diverse organisms present and the dynamics of their interactions within the community.
|Adaptations in organisms
|Investigate the remarkable ways in which organisms adapt to their environment for survival. Students explore both structural and behavioral adaptations, studying how organisms cope with physical factors, obtain food, escape predators, and reproduce. Through examples, they gain a deeper understanding of how adaptations enhance an organism’s chances of survival in its specific habitat.
|Man’s impact on the environment
|Understand the significant influence of human activities on the environment, both positive and negative. Students explore conservation efforts, reforestation, and sustainable practices as positive impacts. They also investigate the negative impacts of depleting natural resources, deforestation, pollution (land, water, and air), and global warming. Through critical analysis, students develop an awareness of the importance of responsible actions towards the environment.
|Energy: forms and uses
|Explore the diverse forms of energy and their applications. Students recognize that living things require energy obtained through respiration to carry out life processes. They identify the Sun as the primary source of light and heat energy. Additionally, students gain an understanding of various forms of energy, including kinetic, potential, light, electrical, sound, and heat energy, with real-world examples showcasing their applications and transformations.