Physics Sec 4 / O level Electromagnetic Induction
- Explore the fascinating world of electromagnetic phenomena.
- Understand the magic behind Faraday’s experiments.
- Master the principles that shape modern technology.
This course would cover the fundamental principles of electromagnetism, including Faraday’s laws of electromagnetic induction, the operation and construction of AC generators, the relationship between voltage and time in AC circuits, the design and function of transformers, the calculation of power and EMF in electrical systems.
Who is this Course for?
This course is for Sec 4 / O level students looking to excel in Electromagnetic induction.
What you will Learn?
- Electromagnetic induction principles – Faraday’s laws of electromagnetic induction.
- Workings and construction of AC generators and voltage transformations.
- The relationship between voltage and time in AC circuits, the design and function of transformers, the calculation of power and EMF in electrical systems, the use of galvanometers and the application of Fleming’s rules for determining the direction of induced current in mutual induction.
- Essential equations and their real-world applications.
- Understand how changing magnetic fields induce electromotive forces.
- Grasp the inner workings of AC generators, including slip rings.
- Master the science of voltage transformation with iron-cored transformers.
- Apply equations VP / VS = NP / NS and VP IP = VS IS confidently.
- Discover the advantages of high voltage transmission.
Why Learn from doerdo Tuition Course?
- Experienced Teachers: Benefit from the guidance of skilled ex-MOE educators through live engaging classes.
Performance Insights: Parents can track student progress with detailed reports.
After-Class Support: Get answers to your questions even after the lesson ends.
AI-Based Testing: Assess your knowledge with AI-powered tests.
Engaging Homework: Reinforce your learning with interactive assignments.
|Principles of Electromagnetic Induction: In this topic, students learn how a changing magnetic field induces an electromotive force (e.m.f.) in a circuit. Examples include Faraday’s experiments. Students also explore factors influencing induced e.m.f.
|The AC Generator: This topic delves into AC generator operations, including rotating coils or magnets. Students examine the role of slip rings and sketch voltage output graphs to understand alternating current generation.
|The Transformer: Students gain insights into the structure and operation of iron-cored transformers used for voltage transformations. They apply equations like VP / VS = NP / NS and VP IP = VS IS to solve problems. They also learn about energy losses in cables and the benefits of high voltage transmission.