Geometry And Measurement
Covering a spectrum of topics including congruence, similarity, Pythagoras’ theorem, trigonometry, and mensuration, the course provides students with a well-rounded preparation for examinations, instilling confidence and competence in the subject matter.
The course structure is designed to facilitate in-depth understanding and mastery of key geometric and measurement concepts, ensuring that students are well-equipped to excel in examinations through thorough understanding and practice. Focused on congruence, similarity, and properties of polygons, the curriculum delves into the principles of figures’ equivalence and proportional sides. It extensively covers Pythagoras’ theorem, enabling the determination of right-angled triangles and the application of trigonometric ratios for angle and side calculations. The curriculum extends to mensuration, specifically exploring volume and surface area calculations for pyramids, cones, and spheres, fostering a comprehensive understanding of spatial geometry.
Who is this Course for?
- Secondary Level Students: Specifically designed for students in the Secondary 2 level.
- Preparation for Examination: Ideal for students preparing for assessments, focusing on topics commonly included in exams.
- Those Aiming for Advanced Studies: Beneficial for students aspiring to undertake further studies that require a strong understanding of geometric concepts and measurements.
What you will Learn?
- Identify congruent and similar figures in geometric shapes accurately.
- Understand the properties of similar polygons and triangles in-depth.
- Apply enlargement and reduction principles to plane figures proficiently.
- Solve problems using congruence and similarity concepts effectively.
- Apply Pythagoras’ theorem to calculate the side lengths of triangles.
- Determine right-angled triangles from given side lengths adeptly.
- Utilize trigonometric ratios to compute unknown angles and sides.
- Calculate volumes and surface areas of pyramids, cones, and spheres accurately.
- Congruence and Similarity: Understanding the concepts of congruent and similar figures, identifying properties of triangles and polygons, and applying proportional relationships in problem-solving scenarios.
- Pythagoras’ Theorem and Trigonometry: Mastery of Pythagoras’ theorem for determining right-angled triangles, utilization of trigonometric ratios (sine, cosine, tangent) to compute unknown sides and angles in such triangles.
- Mensuration: Proficiency in calculating the volume and surface area of geometric solids like pyramids, cones, and spheres through precise formulas and methods.
Why Learn from doerdo Tuition Course?
Experienced Teachers: Our expert ex-MOE teachers provide top-notch guidance and support.
Real-time Performance Tracking: Parents can monitor students’ progress through detailed insights.
After-Class Support: Students receive help and clarification from teachers beyond class hours.
Al-Based Assessments: Benefit from Al-generated tests and homework for personalized learning.
Engaging Content: Interactive learning resources make studying science enjoyable and effective.
|Congruence and Similarity: This topic covers congruent and similar figures, emphasizing properties like equal corresponding angles and proportional corresponding sides. Students solve problems involving congruence and similarity of shapes.
|Pythagoras’ Theorem and Trigonometry: Students learn the application of Pythagoras’ theorem to determine right-angled triangles based on side lengths. They also explore trigonometric ratios (sine, cosine, tangent) to calculate unknown sides and angles in such triangles.
|Properties of Similar Triangles and Polygons: Focusing on corresponding angles equality and proportional corresponding sides, this topic deepens the understanding of similar triangles and polygons. Problem-solving involves applying these properties.
|Enlargement and Reduction of Plane Figures: This segment teaches students how to scale plane figures, exploring methods of enlargement and reduction while maintaining their proportional attributes.
|Mensuration of 3D Figures: Students delve into the calculation of volume and surface area for pyramids, cones, and spheres, applying formulas and concepts to solve related problems.