Geography: Climate and Weather
- Understand the fascinating dynamics of climate and weather.
- Explore the factors influencing local weather patterns and global climate variations.
- Gain insights into the impact of climate change on natural systems and human societies.
The course will cover a range of topics including the Elements of weather, types of climate, and the impact of climate change. The course will also explore the human causes of climate change and the potential mitigation and adaptation strategies. By the end of the course, students will have a comprehensive understanding of the Earth’s climate and weather systems and the impacts of human activities on these systems.
Who is this Course for?
- This course is designed for Secondary 3 students studying Geography, who have an interest in understanding the intricate relationship between climate, weather, and the environment.
- It is suitable for learners who seek a comprehensive understanding of climate dynamics and its impact on natural systems and human societies.
What you will Learn?
- Differentiate between weather and climate and their significance in Geography.
- Analyze temperature variations across Earth’s surface and their implications for different regions.
- Investigate rainfall patterns and their spatial distribution across diverse locations.
- Understand the dynamics of wind direction and speed and their influence on local climates.
- Explore the natural variability of climate over time and its implications for long-term changes.
- Examine the anthropogenic factors contributing to climate change and their environmental consequences.
- Analyze the impacts of climate change on natural systems, ecosystems, and biodiversity.
- Discover how climate action contributes to sustainable development goals.
- Assess the varying climate risks faced by different regions and communities.
- Explore mitigation and adaptation strategies to build community resilience in the face of climate change.
- Develop a solid understanding of weather and climate concepts in Geography.
- Analyze and interpret temperature, precipitation, and wind patterns across Earth’s surface.
- Recognize the factors contributing to climate change and its impact on natural systems.
- Understand the importance of climate action and its role in achieving sustainable development goals.
- Identify climate risks and explore strategies for mitigating and adapting to climate change.
Why Learn from doerdo Tuition Course?
Experienced Teachers: Our expert ex-MOE teachers provide top-notch guidance and support.
Real-time Performance Tracking: Parents can monitor students’ progress through detailed insights.
After-Class Support: Students receive help and clarification from teachers beyond class hours.
Al-Based Assessments: Benefit from Al-generated tests and homework for personalized learning.
Engaging Content: Interactive learning resources make studying science enjoyable and effective.
|Weather and climate – Understand the difference between weather and climate. Explore the factors influencing local weather patterns.
|Air temperature varies across Earth’s surface – Examine temperature variations in different regions. Compare temperature differences between tropical and polar regions.
|Precipitation varies across Earth’s surface – Investigate the variation in rainfall across different locations. Analyze rainfall patterns in rainforests and deserts.
|Wind direction and wind speed vary across Earth’s surface – Explore how wind direction and speed change in different areas. Study the influence of trade winds in maritime regions.
|Natural variability of climate – Understand the natural fluctuations in climate over time. Analyze historical climate records and their fluctuations.
|Anthropogenic factors contribute to climate change – Investigate human activities that contribute to climate change. Explore the impact of greenhouse gas emissions.
|Climate change affects natural systems – Examine how climate change impacts ecosystems and biodiversity. Study the effects of rising temperatures on coral reefs.
|Climate action helps achieve sustainable development – Explore the link between climate action and sustainable development goals. Investigate renewable energy initiatives.
|Climate risks vary across places – Understand the variation in climate-related risks in different regions. Assess the vulnerability of coastal areas.
|Mitigation strategies in building a community’s resilience – Explore measures to reduce the impact of climate change. Implement sustainable urban planning to mitigate flooding risks.
|Adaptation strategies in building a community’s resilience – Investigate strategies to adapt to the challenges posed by climate change. Develop drought-resistant agricultural practices.