Ecosystems and the Environment
- This course will teach us about the Topic-Ecosystems and the Environment that examines how living things interact with their surroundings, including how human activities affect ecosystems.
- Understand the intricate web of life within nature.
- This course examines how living things interact with their surroundings, including how human activities affect ecosystems.
- This course is designed for students who are interested in learning more about ecology and the impact of human activities on the environment
Who is this Course for?
- Students who want to understand, learn, and revise secondary 4/ O level / Secondary 5 Biology topics.
- Students who enjoy learning with an open discussion.
- Students struggling to understand concepts/keywords in secondary 4.
- Students struggling to answer open-ended questions on this topic.
What you will Learn?
- Understand the flow of energy in ecosystems and its significance.
- Explore the relationships, energy transfer, and the structure of biomass, numbers, and energy pyramids in food chains and food webs.
- Gain insights into the carbon cycle and its impact on the environment.
- Recognize the consequences of human actions on ecosystems, including pollution and the importance of conservation efforts.
- Understand energy transfer and pyramid structures.
- Explore the roles of various species in food chains.
- Grasp the importance of carbon cycling.
- Recognize the effects of pollution and conservation.
- Appreciate the delicate balance of nature.
Why Learn from doerdo Tuition Course?
Experienced Teachers: Learn from ex-MOE educators with a track record of success.
Performance Insights: Parents can monitor your progress with detailed performance data.
After-Class Support: Get your questions answered by our dedicated team.
A.I Based Tests: Practice with AI-driven tests to enhance your learning.
Homework Assistance: Benefit from AI-based homework assignments for hands-on practice.
|Energy Flow – Explains the transfer of energy within an ecosystem. Energy flows from producers (plants) to primary consumers (herbivores), and then to secondary consumers (carnivores). This topic explores the intricate pathways and principles governing energy transfer and its significance in ecosystem dynamics.
|Food Chains and Food Webs – Analyze the relationships, energy transfer, and pyramid structures in food chains and webs. Explore examples of these structures in different ecosystems.
|Carbon Cycle – Describes the movement of carbon through various reservoirs in the environment. This topic elucidates the processes of carbon absorption by plants through photosynthesis, its transfer to animals through consumption, and subsequent release back into the atmosphere through respiration and decomposition. Understanding the carbon cycle is essential in comprehending the global carbon balance and its implications for climate change.
|Effects of Man on the Ecosystem – Examines the impacts of human activities on ecosystems. This topic investigates the detrimental effects of deforestation, including habitat loss and disruption of food chains. It also explores the consequences of pollution, such as industrial waste harming water bodies and endangering aquatic life. Conservation efforts are highlighted as vital measures to mitigate human-induced ecological damage and preserve the delicate balance of ecosystems.